E-Moto AGH UST motocross electric bike is the first of its kind to be constructed in the AGH University of Science and Technology.
The use of alternative sources of energy to power it gives a definite advantage over the vehicles with an internal combustion engine, by eliminating not only the problem of air pollution but also engine noise.
The presentation was attended by: AGH UST Vice-Rector for Science Prof. Andrzej Pach, The Authorities of the Faculty of Energy and Fuels and the representatives of the companies supporting the project.
“I want to congratulate you on your high places in the competition. This type of equipment required joint efforts, cooperation of many specialists from various areas. Needless to say, this is a tremendous success, the more that the motorcycle was built in a very short period of time. I am extremely happy, that projects of this kind involve students from various faculties, making the most of the potential of AGH UST” said prof. Andrzej Pach during the presentation.Specification
- innovative solution: motor installed in the rear wheel hub (permanent power = 8 kW, momentary peak =14 kW ),
- 54 Ah, 3,2 kWh lithium-ion batteries,
- operation range: approx. 100 km/1h outdoor,
- custom-made chromo-molybdenum frame,
- custom-made swing arm from 355grade steel,
- carbon fibre casing,
- onboard computer display of all drive parameters,
- dedicated mobile application for wireless communication,
- maximum speed: 80 km/h.
E-Moto AGH UST comprises 25 members of three student research groups. SKN Student Research Group Mechanics from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics – the coordinator of the project – deals with the design, drive and part of the mechanics. SKN Student Research Group Hydrogenium from the Faculty of Energy and Fuels is responsible for power supply and battery. SKN Student Research Group Telephoners from the Faculty of Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunications deals with wireless communication. DSc Krzysztof Zagórski is the research supervisor of the project.
- Team leader: Maciej Padamczyk
- Mechanics: Jacek Krupa
- Composite materials: Albert Rembisz
- Electronics and lightning: Adam Guzik
- power supply coordinator: Sylwester Bednarczyk
- li-ion battery lab testing: DSc Dominika Baster
- battery design and construction: Kacper Cichy
- battery charging and battery management system: Gabriela Ważny
- telecommunication: SKN Telephoners: Krystian Bytnar
- 3DPrints: Artur Gęgotek
- marketing: Szymon Kurpiel
The E-Moto AGH UST debuting at the SmartMoto Challenge on 6-9 July in Barcelona, finished fourth in the overall classification. AGH students proved to be the best in the three competitions: autocross – round on the course of two drivers, slalom on tarmac, mechanical solutions and brakes. The team was also recognized as the best new team in the event.
The students are looking forward to the next event with the new model of a motorbike.
Culled From: https://www.agh.edu.pl/en/blog-naukowy/info/article/presentation-of-e-moto-agh-ust-motocross-electric-motorbike/